posted Jan 24, 2017, 10:39 AM by Brenda McGee
updated Jan 24, 2017, 10:58 AM
- Grew up in Skowhegan, Maine
- Enjoys hiking in her free time. Sarah and her husband are currently hiking the forty-eight 4,000 footers in NH and only have 7 left!
- Enjoys spending time with her family, reading, napping, shopping, baking, cooking, cuddling with her dogs, looking at cute animal pictures/videos on the internet as well as watching TV (Survivor, The Walking Dead, and The Office are some of her favorites).
- She is not a morning person! On the weekends she sleeps until 9 am, so first block is tough for her just like it is for the students!
High School Memories:
- Favorite subjects were Math and French. Math, came easily to Sarah and her French teacher made being in class fun.
- Sports: soccer (indoor and outdoor) and ran indoor track.
- Student council president.
- Speech team.
- National Honor Society
- The University of Maine Orono.
- Majored in: Wildlife Ecology.
- Grad School: University of Southern Maine - earned teacher certification in Life Science for grades 7-12 and many graduate credits on top of that.
- Currently taking graduate courses at PSU to finish graduate degree (finally).
"I enjoy teaching because of the connections I make with students and the opportunities to provide learning experiences for them that are meaningful for their life after high school."
What Classes Do You Teach?
"I teach Physics Survey (9th grade science) and Physics (12th grade science)."
What Makes GHS So Special?
"GHS is a special place to teach because it allows teachers the flexibility to teach content while also getting to know the students on a more personal level. That makes a difference in the classroom for both me and my students."